Mary Scott is an Associate Attorney in the Michigan office of Nyman Turkish PC. She represents clients during their Social Security Disability hearings and litigates Social Security appeals with the Appeals Council and federal courts.
Mary graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in Health Administration & Policy from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) and worked at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for six years before deciding to pursue law. At the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, Mary served as the Executive Articles Editor for the Maryland Law Review, sat on executive boards for two student organizations, and worked as a student attorney in the Gender Violence clinic. She graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the prestigious Order of the Coif.
Before joining Nyman Turkish PC, Mary clerked for Chief Magistrate Judge Beth P. Gesner on the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland and was invited to stay on as the Social Security Disability law clerk for the court, giving her a unique perspective into this area of law.
Outside of the office, as a new Michigan resident, Mary enjoys exploring her new home state with her husband and son.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, (J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif)
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), (B.A., Health Administration & Policy, summa cum laude)
- State Bar of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives (NOSSCR)